Jeff is a founding member of Westwood Law Group. Known primarily as a bankruptcy attorney, Jeff's practice encompasses a broad range of services focused on protecting, preserving, and recovering personal, family, and business assets. He has represented individual and business clients in a variety of matters, including consumer and non-consumer bankruptcy filings, state-court receivership cases, complex divorce and chapter 11 reorganization cases, and real estate and business transactions. Jeff is a regular speaker at legal seminars on bankruptcy, collection, and ethics, and was selected to the 2020 Washington Super Lawyers list. He is a former Chair of the Washington Bar Association Law Clerk Board and serves on the Camp Long Advisory Council.
· "Ethical Pitfalls of Social Media" (2017)
· "Dealing with Common Ethical Issues in Bankruptcy" (2016)
· "Creditors' Rights During Bankruptcy" (Webcast) (2016)
· Making Bankruptcy Work for You: Navigating the Path to Your Fresh Start (2019)
· Garnishment for Washington Employers (2019)
· "Rule 86 - Effective Dates," Washington Civil Procedure Deskbook (3d Ed. 2014)
Steve is a founding member of Westwood Law Group. He has been advising individual and business clients on a wide variety of legal issues since 2005. His practice has focused on general business representation, construction law, commercial and residential real estate, entity formation, business acquisitions, commercial transactions, debtor/creditor matters, estate planning, and probate. Steve has substantial litigation experience, advocating for clients in various commercial, real estate, and construction disputes including mediation, arbitration, and trial. In addition to working in a law firm setting, Steve previously worked as in-house counsel for a construction firm and provides pro-bono services to The Anchor Project. Steve has an office on Bainbridge Island and is available to meet with clients in Kitsap County.
Steve is a certified instructor for Real Estate Law, and teaches courses on real estate and LLC issues.
· Board of Directors, The Anchor Project, a youth mentoring nonprofit based in Seattle.
· Board of Directors, Lionhardt, a nonprofit based in Kitsap County providing individual grants to sick or injured firefighters.